Guidelines for Event Submission to Visit The County
Visit The County manages a year-round calendar of events on its website to serve visitors to our destination. The purpose of the calendar is to provide leisure travelers to Prince Edward County with vacation-focused events and activities.When submitting an event for review, kindly consider the following criteria:
- Events must actively promote and attract out-of-town visitors.
- Events must take place within the boundaries of Prince Edward County and must be submitted by an authorized event organizer, promoter, or staff.
- Events must be open to the public. Private events are not eligible. Both free and ticketed events are eligible.
- Corporate events, training seminars, trade shows, fundraisers, camps, multi-week classes and workshops, library events/classes and workshops, sports league and recreational registrations, local school or church functions and other similar events will not be included in the calendar of events.
- Retail promotional events are not eligible. This includes events hosted by retail stores including the advertising of a business, sidewalk sale, store sale, store liquidation or dining special.
- Open-ended, ongoing events without a start date and end date are not eligible.
- Non-profit organizations doing fundraising through Bingo and other Lottery events are not eligible.
- The event must comply with all applicable laws, City by-laws, and policies.
- The event must avoid demeaning or derogatory representations of individuals or groups, and must not discriminate based on any grounds covered by the Ontario Human Rights Code. Visit The County maintains the right to decline the inclusion of any event that exhibits political nature, or is considered offensive.
- A high-quality image of at least 800 x 600 pixels must accompany each event submission. Photos should be horizontal. By uploading an image, you certify that you have use rights for the image(s) and that you authorize use by visitthecounty.com.
To submit an event, please complete the submission form provided on our website and allow a minimum of three (3) business days for it to be published. In order to accommodate travelers planning their visit to Visit The County, we kindly request that you submit your event at least three (3) weeks prior to the event date. Please note that submitting your event does not guarantee its inclusion in the visitthecounty.com calendar of events. If you have any inquiries regarding our event criteria, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.